Friday, October 8, 2010

Goals


Not much new has happened in the last several weeks. I did a little traveling and a little relaxing around Cambodia, celebrated the k4s swearing in in Phnom Penh, and had a couple low key weeks at site waiting for school to get going again. It has been fun getting to know the new volunteers in my province since swear in. I know it isnt new years but I feel like the swearing in of new volunteers is a good time to re-assess goals. So here is a list of my new goals for the last 10 months in Cambodia:

1)Learn to like beer. It's far more economical.
2)Start reading things of substance again. I recently rememebered that I like learning, and moreover, and I hate how much stuff I have forgotten. (Dad I now understand why we used to find you reading chemistry textbooks in the garage,I wish I had mine here)
3)Teach less EFC and more creative things. I surprised myself with the realization that I really like teaching, I just hate the EFC (the English Language Curriculum used here).
4)Try more new recipes. I made pumpkin soup last weekend and it was a success. I really should learn to cook khmer food too...
5)Travel outside of Cambodia. It seems ridiculous that I have been here over a year and haven't gone anywhere (except America of course...)
6)Get khmer-tastic photos taken.
7)?
8)?
9)?
10)Figure out what I am doing after Cambodia.

2 comments:

  1. Honey,
    You'll figure out what you're doing next. You have many options. There is always weaving.
    Being in my profession, I immediately wondered why you wanted to teach less EFC (Exceptional Family Circumstance) and then I continued to read!
    I'm glad you're enjoying cooking!
    Have fun with those text books!

    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 This will take some time, an acquired taste for sure. Though I am sure you have acquired a taste for many things since your journey in Cambodia began?!?!?!

    #6 This one intrigues me, you must tell us more about these khmer-tastic photos. My guess is this is nothing like the JC Penny Portrait Studio????

    Miss you bunches!!

    ~Casee

    ReplyDelete