Saturday, March 12, 2011

Busy busy busy

Things have been uncommonly busylately. I will blame the busyness for my lack of blogging. Truth be told, with EXACTLY 4 months left in Cambodia, I am running out of blog steam a tiny bit. Highlights of the last few weeks have included:

I presented at the 7th annual Cambodia TESOL conference with another PCV the last weekend in February. We taught about using a basic understanding of cognitive psychology, specifically learning and memory, to teach more effectively. We had over 100 participants and as much as I wanted to hurl during most of it, I think it went really well.



This friday myself and the other Battambang PCVs put in a workshop for International women's day. We each brought in 10 or so students and invited several speakers. The co-teacher of one PCV lead a session on self esteem. Then we had one of the Peace COrps medical staff come with her family to talk to the girls about balancing a career and a family as a woman in Cambodia, and finally we had a guest speaker talking about womens health issues. Everything went off without a hitch!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Meghan!

    Wow, it seems like your two years of service in Cambodia has really gone fast, at least from my perspective. You look very scholarly in your presentation photo! Take care and we will see you before we all know it.

    ReplyDelete