Monday, December 21, 2009

“New information buy two give one”

I this week I decided to try something new. I gave an actual creative assignment to one of my classes. After they got over their shock and rage however, they turned in some great work. The assignment was to make their own advertisment. It has to include a title for the product, a picture of the product, price, and one persuasive "if...must" statement. The folowing is a list of some of my favorite quotes from the assignment:

1)" WElcome! Welcome! every body who is the customer that always want light teeth and beauty; dont forget number 1 special toothpaste for every body's tooths and mouth called "toothpaste herbal natural" it made frome nature really! really!...if you have bad smell in your mouth nobody want to near you, so you must buy toothpaste and that toothpaste is "herbal natural" that make you life to be happy, don't worry about problem of mouth and teeth.”

2)“If you have wedding or join the party you always need jewelry to make more your beauty.”

3)“...if you want your teeth have healthy teeth you must use toothpaste to recive what good in your life and future. It has polite cost for you. Moreover when you used toothpaste produce SARAHA you must get what good to others. And when you say with someone makes them like you because you have smell good teeth nice and they are interesting with you so much.”

4)“Wellcomes! Wellcomes! All of customers that have an attention to buy clothing...if you want to make your body so good and you want a modern or ancient clothing. You must buy them in our shop...”

5)“It have a good smell for you if you used it your hair must will smooth all time. Harry up hary up will not hopeless.”

and my personal favorite,

6) “New information buy two give one” (somehow not quite what I think this student meant to say)

While the english in these may be in need of a little help, I vastly appreciated the critical thought my students put into advertising their products :)

And here are a fwe assignment quotes from students of a fellow volunteer:

"If I met the president of the US, I would say “love.”
"If I was a bird I would fly to see your face every day and all night…”
"I wont take a bath unless you near me…."

3 comments:

  1. LOL! These are really great. Bad smells seems to be a real concern!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meghan!
    Glad that your students are amusing you! This post made me realize that I must go through my ancient clothing. This term supports the probability of buying new things to wear! You dad and I were looking at Snuggies and their competitor, The Slanket (that word just plain sounds weird), and we are now in hot pursuit of a little one for your pet rat to keep it nice and cozy. There are now ones for dogs, so it’s just a matter of time and consumer demand. Have you named it yet? I have some suggestions: Hannibal, Houdini or Shredder if it’s a boy and Lady Godiva, Buttercup, or Charese if it’s a girl. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie and I actually laughed out loud reading your posts. Nice. Your life is much more exciting in BBang...

    Dave

    ReplyDelete